Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wraglers' pit viper (Tropidolaemus wagleri)


Being a Green Volunteer, I have trained to be more observant and always on a lookout for living creatures around me. During a few of my nature walk, I have managed to spot this Wraglers' pit viper (Tropidolaemus wagleri) and I couldn't imagine that I have come so close to this poisonous snake.

This snake can be easily found at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, usually lying quietly on a branch/leaf quite close to the jogging track. I have ever alerted the Npark staff there on this snake, and think it's a hidden danger for the joggers and hope that no one will disturb it.

 






There are quite a number of this viper at this reserve and varies in sizes. Wonder how big can this snake grows and hope that it won't attack the people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog