Saturday, September 5, 2009

A short trip to Botanic Garden


Passed by Botanic Garden 2 days ago, and have a feeling that I might see the Pink Dragonfly that I saw during my last visit.

Though I only have less than 1 hour before my appointment, I decided to pop-in to search for the lovely Dragonfly. My effort finally paid off as I saw the lovely Pink Dragonfly and managed to have a good photo shot.

 


 




While walking towards the big pond, spotted a plant with very unique brown flower which is different from the other flowers in this garden.


Saw two White Swans swimming gracefully at the pond, and when I lifted my hand, they thought I was trying to feed them. Suspected they are twins as their action almost similar, swam in pairs and even dipped head into water also almost at the same time.


Along the side of the pond, found a golden insect on the leave, and never see such insect before. After looking through the photo, my friend Martina spotted a small openning at the back of the insect, and therefore we concluded that it's the insect's moult. After checking with my expert friends Ming and Luan Keng, they confirmed that it's the moult of a Cicada.


Looking at my watch, realised that it's almost time for my appointment. While walking back to the main entrance, spotted a golden dragonfly outside a small pond of a French restuarant. Being a Dragonfly lover, how can I miss such opportunity to add this into my photo collection. This Golden Dragonfly is different from the one I saw at Sungei Buloh.


Almost reaching the main entrance, I heard a loud sound on the tree. It was a big Plaintain Squirrel (Callosciurus notatus) hopping on the tree and finally rested on a branch.

Though it was just an hour spent in Botanic Garden, but it's still a good trip for me as I was able to find two nice dragonflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog