Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Snake Eating Skink


I was at Sungei Buloh last Thursday and so fortunate to see a specticular 'Snake-Eating-Skink' scene.

The Green Forest Weed Snake is about 1.5m long, which is the longest I have seen so far. It is usually very difficult to be spotted as it camouflages itself very well among the green leaves. I spotted it along Route 1 and wondered why it stayed so still and looking at the ground.

 


 





When I took a closer look on the snake, following its head to its tail, I was surprised by its length.

 


 


 



Out of a sudden, it dashed downwards to the ground and pulled back with a Skink in its mouth. Its action was so fast and swift, and a quick bite on the baby Skink and immediately killed it.

The Snake then slowly pulled itself back and disappeared behind the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog