Saturday, August 29, 2009

BulBul Hatching


When I was at Sungei Buloh for a Green Volunteer event in May, I saw a BulBul bird hatching in its nest on a fan palm outside the main toilet. When I tried to move close to take a better picture, it flew off but was hiding nearby watching its nest.

 


 


 


 




When I looked into the nest, I saw 2 eggs in it. Once I moved away, the mother BulBul flew back to its nest.

 


 


 


 




I went back about 3 weeks later in June for a guiding event, I visited the nest again. I was happy to see a baby BulBul in the nest, but its mother wasn't there. I heard from my friend that one of the egg didn't hatch successfully.

 


 


 


 




When I tried to take a close-up photo of the baby BulBul, it opened its mouth and thinking that its mother is back with food. If I can hear bird's voice, it must be calling 'I am Hungry, please give me some food!'

I guessed it must have starved for hours and I hoped that the mother BulBul could come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog